CompTIA has made a full remake of their Security+ certification.
This means that the old SY0-301 exam is only available until december 2014.
The new SY0-401 is the first update for the Security+ Exam since 2011.
And this allows for new material where some is listed below.
- NoSQL databases vs. SQL databases
- Server-side vs. Client-side validation
- Unified Threat Management (UTM)
- Additional cloud computing concepts such as private, public, hybrid, and community
- Layered security and defense in depth
- Additional protocols such as iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE
- The addition of the OSI model in relation to protocols and services
- Additional wireless topics such as captive portals, antenna types, site surveys, and VPN (over open wireless)
- Password attacks
- Brute force
- Dictionary attacks
- Birthday attacks
- Rainbow tables
- Typo squatting/URL hijacking
- Watering hole attack
- Near field communication
- Replay attacks
- WEP/WPA attacks
- WPS attacks
- Application control
- Storage segmentation
- Asset tracking
- Inventory control
- Mobile device management
- Device access control
- Removable storage
- Disabling unused features